03 12 月 Social Security-Information You will need to make an application for Spouse’s or Divorced Spouse’s Benefits
- On line, if you're within three months of age 62 or older, or
- By calling our national service that is toll-free 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or visiting your neighborhood Social protection workplace. A scheduled appointment isn't needed, but in the event that you call ahead and schedule one, it could lower the time you may spend waiting to utilize.
It is possible to assist when you're prepared to:
- Offer any required papers; and
- Answer the questions given just below.
Papers you might need to offer
We might request you to offer papers to demonstrate that you will be qualified, such as for example:
- Birth certification or any other evidence of delivery;
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status if you had been maybe perhaps not created in the usa More Info;
- U.S. armed forces discharge paper(s) in the event that you had army solution before 1968;
- W-2 kinds(s) and/or self-employment tax statements for this past year.